Newton Advanced Fellowships
03 Ağustos 2018 - Cuma
Newton Advanced Fellowships awarded by the British Academy provide early to mid-career international researchers who already have a track record with an opportunity to develop their research strengths and capabilities, and those of their group or network, through training, collaboration and visits with a partner in the UK.
The aim of the Newton Advanced Fellowships is to:
- Support the development of a well-trained research community who can contribute to advancing economic development and social welfare of the partner country by transferring new skills and creating new knowledge.
- Strengthen research excellence in partner countries by supporting promising independent, early to mid-career researchers and their research groups and networks to develop their research through training, collaboration, reciprocal visits and the transfer of knowledge and skills from the UK.
- Establish long-term links between the best research groups and networks in partner countries and the UK to ensure that improvements in research capacity are sustainable in the longer term.
The British Academy Newton Advanced Fellowships cover researchers working in all disciplines within the social sciences and humanities.
Applicants must have
- a PhD or equivalent research experience,
- hold a permanent or fixed-term contract in an eligible university or research institute in a partner country which must span the duration of the project,
- not more than 15 years postdoctoral research experience.
Collaborations should focus on a single project involving the overseas-based researcher (“the Applicant”) and a UK-based researcher (“the Co-applicant”).
Budget: Maximum 37.000 GBP.
Duration: Maximum 24 months.
Deadline: September 5th, 2018 (available for applicant and host institute).
* Fellowships must start not later than 31 January 2019.
For detailed information please click.